KICKED UP CRACKER JACK
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 cups coarsley chopped almonds
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons golden syrup
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Pop the popcorn, remove any of the unpopped kernels. Spread the popcorn on two parchment lined baking sheets.
3. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, taste to check spice level.
4. In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the syrup, brown sugar, and spice mixture. Stir until the caramel bubbles on the sides. Remove from heat, whisk in baking soda.
5. Slowly pour the hot caramel over he popcorn. Using two soft spatulas, gently toss the popcorn to evenly coat with caramel. Spread evenly on baking sheets and place in the oven. bake got 8-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch that the caramel does not burn. Remove from oven and allow to cool.